REGISTRATION OPENS APRIL 14TH
This is the perfect time of year to visit Erie Wine Country - it's grape harvest time and you'll smell the grapes as you make your way to and from Dunkirk, NY!
- Comfortable accommodations at the Clarion Hotel Lake Erie in Erie, PA and at the Clarion Hotel Marina & Conference Center in Dunkirk, NY
- Hot Breakfast Buffet on Saturday and Sunday is included!
- Overnight Parking for Friday and Saturday is Included
- Our SAG will carry one (1) overnight bag for you to Dunkirk and return it to Erie on Sunday
- Our SAG will also carry items you purchase to take home with you
- 3 Days of Riding - enjoy "friendlier" terrain than Southwest PA - the rides are social rides at a comfortable club pace
- Enjoy 7 different wineries over 2 days of riding
- Attend Friday and Saturday Pre-Ride Briefings
- Enjoy Saturday's Evening Social sponsored by Cycling Fusion! Unwind, enjoy a drink and appetizers and share your experience with others - it's the place to be on Saturday night
- Enjoy an apple cider slushy at the Godfrey Run Farm Market on Friday's ride
Enjoy three days of riding, wine tasting, and evening socials with other members. We’ll start our tour at the Clarion Hotel Lake Erie and ride to Dunkirk, NY and back. Along the way, we'll visit wineries and enjoy a few laughs.
Friday offers two ride options. Option 1 is a planned group ride that takes riders west of Erie, PA for a 50 mile loop and at about mile 39, you can stop at Godfrey Run Farm Market and enjoy one of their apple cider slushies. Option 2 offers riders a quick warm-up ride (15 miles) around Presque Isle they can do on their own. The group will meet up in the evening for a pre-ride briefing to discuss Saturday's schedule.
On Saturday, we'll make our way to Dunkirk, NY (67 miles). We'll visit Penn Shore Winery, Mazza Chatauqua Winery and 5 & 20 Brewery, and Woodbury Winery before settling in at the Clarion Hotel Marina & Conference Center in Dunkirk, NY. Following dinner (on your own) we'll have one of our PBC Evening Socials and discuss the schedule for our return to Erie on Sunday. You'll not want to miss the evening social. We'll share all the details about the next day.
On Sunday, we'll make our way back along a different route (64 miles). Visits to the 21 Brix Winery, Johnson Estate Winery, Arundel Cellars & Brewing and the 6 Mile Cellars are planned into the route.
Feel free to make purchases along the way. The SAG vehicle will carry everything you buy and make sure it gets back to Erie on Sunday so you can take it home with you.
Arrival & SAG
There are three arrival options:
1. Arrive early on Friday and ride a beautiful 50 mile route. The ride departs at 10 am so that gives you plenty of time to travel from Pittsburgh and be ready to roll out on-time.
2. Arrive later on Friday and do a quick roll around Presque Isle to loosen your legs and be ready for the next two days of riding.
3. Arrive in the evening by 8 pm when we have our pre-ride meeting and fill you in all the details about Saturday's ride.
SAG is limited to carrying our overnight gear and purchases made along each day's ride. Riders are expected to be in good physical condition to ride the distances each day. Riders are also expected to know how to change a flat and do minor mechanical repairs, if needed. The SAG can be used for major mechanical issues and it will carry additional water and snacks. If you prefer something specific for your diet, please be sure to pack what you need.
There will be a designated time each morning when riders must have their overnight bag in the SAG van. The SAG van will deliver all overnight bags to and from Dunkirk, NY.
© 2019 Premier Bicycle Club